Sunday, October 2, 2011

Random Thoughts

I don't have a particular topic to discuss right now, but feeling the need to dump on paper what has been accomplished this weekend ...as well as some random thoughts.
  • First, on the issue of my health, i'm still having chest pain and coughing violently.  I'm not a fan of this.  Trying to determine if I should go back to the doctor, who probably thinks i'm a hypocondriac (i sounded it out) at this point.  I just have no idea what's wrong with me.  I will say though, Brendan has been GREAT at taking care of me and making sure I rest and do nothing (very difficult).  However, the rest of the list won't look like I did nothing this weekend.  I AM a lot better. Just not 100%.  And worse at night ...like now-ish.  Grouchy.
  • We are pretty settled in the main part of the house (basement not organized).  So very excited about that.  I posted some pics on facebook for the fam, but thought it was a little strange to share that with all of fb.  I don't know why.  But I will post a few pics on here.
  • Puppy is having nighmares right now, that's so cute when he does that.
  • Went to the church in our neighborhood again today.  Not as good as last week, but that's ok.  It was a different guy speaking.  Now we're not sure who is the main guy.  VERY excited because we got into one of the Wash Park (our neighborhood) church supper clubs that meet every Wednesday.  We are signed up to bring a dessert this week.  YAY for meeting new people.  We hope they are cool.
  • In other meeting people news, we met a couple at the park today that have a Bernie puppy (no idea what a Bernie is or if I'm spelling right).  Our pups played a lot and they asked if we wanted to have a puppy play date.  YES.  They live just 2 blocks from us.  YES.  I love them already.  I'm going to go by their house tomorrow and see if they are outside (stalk them).
  • In the last 3 days our entire lawn is covered with yellow leaves!!  Crazy!  Brendan says we should not rake until more fall.  Is that what other people do?  I don't know.
  • Our landlord is going to house/puppy sit for us while we're in Hawaii.  I thought that might be weird for her since it's her house, but not her stuff.  But I guess its not.  And she does a lot of pet sitting and she's really nice.  So that worked out GREAT.  And she's actually cheaper than boarding him...extra great.
  • I love our neighborhood and walking around it and picking out the houses that we would buy (based on exterior looks only).  You ready for the average price per square foot in this neighborhood?  Hold onto your chair.  $360 per sq foot!  choke. ya.  well...did I not tell you it was the best one in all of Denver?  Hence we have a space issue.  Hence we are doing some serious math on if we can buy in here at all.  And how much space does one family REALLY need?  I mean...the kids can share a bedroom right?  I think we are looking for a house that can last us for 5ish years.  Like before the kids go to school age.  Then in 5 years we need to be saving and making more money so that we can either add on to the house we buy, or move into a bigger one down the street.  It's very popular in this neighborhood to add a second story to your house.  Most of the houses were built in the early 1900's.  Ok - this house topic is another blog.  I'm sure there will be many blogs on this topic actually.  As we explore the housing market in the next year.
  • I did no recapping of the weekend, but now i'm tired and need to go to bed.  Blog later.

No comments:

Post a Comment