Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flo my Food Log

It's me again.  I know...two days in a row.  This is some sort of record.  Maria and I started food logs last week.  This means that we write down everything we are eating and drinking.  The idea being that either (1) we won't eat as much because Flo would know about it and be mad or (2) we do eat like crap and then it's really obvious to Flo and she makes us feel really guitly.  Using a half notebook / pad of paper helps because if you're eating more than fits on the page, then you feel EXTRA guilty.  Guilt hopefully turns into better food choices for the next day.  Just to be sure everyone gets is ....Food log = FLo ....get it.  F. L. Food log.  Ok, i crack myself up.  I know.  Anyways.

So - point of the story is I think it's working so far.  I didn't have the added drinking calories on M, T or Thursday.  I sucessfully brought fruit to work to snack on instead of the usual snack machine purchases (failed on tuesday though).  I avoided eating while cooking on more than one occasion.  AND I have tried avacado and raw tomatoes this week...tomato on more than one occasion.  (note that i am a very picky eater so these are major milestones for me)  I also have taken a vitamin a few days this week (why not everyday?) and did some excerise.  Flo also tracks vitamin taking, and exercise.  Next week will focus more on excersie and Flo might put in some push up / crunches goals (Maria doesn't know this yet).

I did get some sun in Hawaii, so I'm feel less white and generally better about myself.  Hopefully getting in some pool time this weekend to further the tanning process while avoiding the fake tanning and $40 a month charge. 

If I go mow the lawn right now can I count that as exercise for Flo?  Hm. I feel like as I've gotten "older", I have started counting things as "exercise" that i previously never would have.  Example:  walking. 

Maybe I'll keep you posted on my goal to lose 9 pounds and tone up.  WIth the help of Flo, it could be possible.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest, "food log" is not the first thing that came to mind when I read the title of your post. :)

    ReplyDelete