Friday, May 25, 2012

May Update

Well I'm the worst blogger ever.  All my blogs should start with that since I only blog a few times a year.  I guess that's just how it's going to be.  Whatever.  But I LOVE reading everyone elses blogs. :)  Keep up the good work.  More frequently would be better.

Things new with me:
  • We went to Kauai last week, that was super fun and adventurous.  We went ziplining, zodiac boating, hiking, surfing, swimming, etc.  My favorite parts were the sea caves on the zodiac tour, and hiking down to Wailua falls and swimming in the pool.
  • We are going to have one of busiest summers on record.  I mean, 2010 and 2011 were pretty busy.  2010 we had to have a spreadsheet even to manage each weekend's activities.  I'm about to need to make one for this summer I think.  Brendan is playing in volleyball tournaments here, Aspen, Breck and Steamboat this summer.  We've got a St. Louis wedding (yay!).  Camping. GIRL TALK concert - YESS!  Golf tournament for Brendan.  And of course BBQs and porch happy hour.
  • A note on porch happy hour - this is the greatest invention ever.  The neighborhood we live in is full of "bungalow" style houses and all have front porches.  The neighborhood is by the park there there are lots of folks out and about.  So us and the fun neighbors next door sit on the front porch around 5:30pm with drinks and cheese and crackers and then porch hh gets bigger as folks walk by and we end up with a big party!!!  :)  SO. FUN. 
  • A note on fun neighbors - i was always jealous reading other blogs of folks BBQing all the time with their neighbors because I never had fun neighbor friends...UNTIL NOW.  So Maria and Ron moved in NEXT door (i'm talking like 4 feet away, that's how close these bungalows are).  So we BBQ, walk, porch hh, run back and forth in our PJs.  It's REALLY fun.  And not just them, but we know like ALL our neighbors.  I'm not even kidding you.  And we're meeting more.  Just went to someone else's porch for porch hh the other night and they had like 10 neighbors there from the block down.  So....we almost doubled our neighborhood friends in just one night.  So. FUN.  So fun Wash park and this neighborhood should have its own blog.
  • A note on Wash Park - we want to live here forever.  FOR-ever.  We are renting right now.  So...how do we convince our landlord to sell us her house?  Hm.  An interesting one.  Ok, well if not this one, we want to buy one REALLY close by.  I stalk realtor.com and all the for sales around.  Fav thing to do - walk the neighborhood and dream about living in the cool houses.  There is one from the late 1800's that is my FAV.  It's not for sale, but if it was it would be like $1.5M.  Whatevs.
  • Happy Memorial Day weekend.  I'm planning some cleaning, organizing, hiking, BBQing, and hanging out in the park.  And of course the usual realtor.com and open house stalking.
  • A note on buying a house - we can't until fall.  Realistically speaking.  It is a 3 step process.  I won't go into it now.  But Step 3 involves selling the Austin house which is leased until Sept 15.  So unless the renters want to buy it, we are kind of stuck until then.
  • Alright - well, signing out for now.  I won't say I'll blog again later, because I probably won't.
But everyone else should go blog RIGHT now.  :)

OH - and ....if you are not an HIG client, please call for a quote 303-995-0413.  Home, auto, whatever ...any state (almost)  or website:  http://www.healeyinsurancegroup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment