Sunday, September 11, 2011

Change Much

I feel like I have a million things to write about, but I guess I should at least document what's been going on the last few months.  So. Much. Change. 

Change 1:  Married on the Cape to the best guy ever
I started dating Brendan in April-ish 2010.  I had more fun in 2010 than I ever have.  The fun continued into 2011.  We got engaged on June 5.  And then married July 28.  That's got to be some sort of record for shortest engagement ever (without pending child, i know you were thinking it).   The wedding was the happiest day of my life.  Whoa cheesy...but it really is true.  The whole day.  I woke up, got breakfast and went running on the beach with my girls.  Showered, got dressed.  Had the MOST fun time taking pictures before the wedding.  Then the ceremony overlooking the bay.  I cried.  Then the party.  Par-tay.  THEN we went out in Chatham, me still in my dress.  I managed to wear my heels for like 8 hours.  Had to lose them before we went out.  We had the best group of people to celebrate with!

Change 2:  Quit Dell and took a job at Comcast
Dell was my first job out of college.  I was there almost 7 years.  I took three, well four rotations while I was there.  Ture Internal Audit, Internal Audit Ops, Corporate Communications and Enterprise Marketing.  Forget all those titles...I was doing essentially the same thing in each job - data analysis, excel modeling and building power point presentations for executives.  One of my old bosses from Dell went to Comcast headquarters in Philly as a Senior Exec in Internal Audit.  Long story short, he hired me to work for him in Internal Audit Ops from the Denver office.  It was an excellent offer!.  Comcast just acquired NBCUniversal (you know - movies, TV, film, networks, theme parks).  It's a fun industry.  Still data analysis, excel and ppt - but a new industry.  I think it will be good.  I'm excited.  Well i'm in my 3rd, no 4th week now - good so far.

Change 3:  Move to Denver
So we got married, stayed for a few days on the Cape as our honeymoon.  The next week we flew to Denver to find a place to live.  That's like a whole blog in itself.  The rental market here is CRAZY.  But we lucked out and leased a house for a year that is 3 blocks from Wash Park (really cool park).  Volleyball, running trails, gardens, ponds, really close to downtown, walking distance to cute resturants, shops and the light rail.  It's pretty perfect.  The only issue was that we couldn't get in until Sept 15.  And I started work on Aug 22. Sooo...we rented another furnished place for a month.  That's where I am now.  On a very un-comfortable couch.  We move next week.  Brendan is in Austin now and will supervise the truck packing and loading.  We are sooooo ready to have all of our stuff.  I can't explain it fully. The furnished apt isn't that bad, but it's not our stuff.  It's not our bed.  We have no grill (seriously cooking issue).  I have no pajamas (forgot them).  Limited number of shoes.  I could go on and on, but ...only a few more days here.  Anyways - Denver is awesome so far.  I'm so excited to be here.  I've been hiking twice already.  The mountains are gorgeous and so close.  Everyone is friendly.  And the weather is amazing!!  Need to make some friends.

Smaller changes and other notes:
- change my name (for the last time, omg)
- got an iPad, i view this as a significant life change, wow Apple
- puppy learned to pee with his leg up
- joined a new gym here in our neighborhood (we can walk there, yay)
- decided that a backpack is sooo much more practicle to carry to work
- need to change the car license plates to Colorado
- got a new drivers license, but its lost in the mail, uggh
- got my new social security card, not my passport yet



No comments:

Post a Comment