Saturday, September 24, 2011

Unpacking

Well I seriously underestimated just how long the unpacking and organizing process would take!  And for some reason I thought it would be more fun.  Ya, it's not that fun. 

Most of the boxes in the main house are unpacked and their contents are strewn about.  Lots of boxes in the basement that will remain there until the rest of the house is in working order.  Even though we only have 2 bedrooms, we do have a little back sun-room thing that at least we can put some shelves, the dog crate and my desk.  Not that I will actually sit at the desk, but it's more of a location to store all the paperwork and items that need to be dealt with.  It's the holding area.  I don't want the holding area to be the kitchen table.  That is reserved for placemats and that's it (eating occurs on the couch).  Ok, i'll say it not in ( ) ...yes, we eat on the couch.  Everyday.  In front of the TV.  Either law and order or criminal minds.  Heaven for bid one of those shows is not on (rare).  I'd like to think that we'll sit together as a family at the table once we have kids.  We shall see.

Somehow I found more stuff to get rid of.  4 or 5 boxes worth.  Pretty impressive because I thought I had gone through everything before we moved.  I decided it was time to part with most of the stuffed hippos.  Don't worry, not Gregory (the big one), and a few that puppy has adopted as HIS stuffed animals.  Note that he doesn't rip them up or tear out the stuffing.  He just sort of gums them.  Like they are soaking wet, but not harmed at all.  oh how we love our pup.  I was holding him today on the couch (like a baby) and he sneezed in my face.  Ya.  Nice job pup.

During my time on the couch today (i'm sick and on couch arrest)...i'm uploading all the potential photobook pics to shutterfly.  Need to get cranking on the 2011 book.  And a seperate wedding album.  We took pics in the park the other day, but the photographer won't give me the digital reprints unless i spend $200.  omg.  I think i've already blogged about this.  Clearly i am still upset.

Pictures of the house still to come.







 

1 comment:

  1. http://www.blurb.com/ You should consider them for photo books - I think they're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete